mandag den 26. juli 2010

Veni, Vidi, enjoyed

It is actually incredibly simple. I couldn't be more happy. Well, I could; but that would require a special someone getting on a flight to Greenland.

Ever since I landed in Ilulissat and saw Kasper's beautiful face at the airport, I've had the time of my life.

Every morning you wake up to a different day. Some mornings are quiet, some mornings are hectic. Some days you only have to be at the airport to meet new guests, some days you are going on a helicopter-ride.
It's surprisingly difficult for me to describe in words, therefore I'm posting some snapshots from the time spent in Ilulissat. Maybe that will give you an idea of what it is like here?


Presenting: Kasper, AnneKatrine and Hannah. Chilling and waiting for one of the cruiseships


Almost every day we go by the local fish market (Brættet / The Board) where the fisherman sell what they catch. This day a minke whale had been killed. We got 1,6 kg of fresh whale-meat for just 80 kr. The fish and whale is unbelievably cheap :-)


Hannah and I enjoying whale burgers!


Lyngmarksbræen. Of course the picture is taken from my seat in the helicopter


Yours truly on Lyngmarksbræen


Lyngmarksbræen is the only place in the area where you can go dog-sledging in the summer.


Vuf


The helicopter went back and forth between the glacier and Qeqertarsuaq with the people that were going on the sledges


Taken on last nights midnight cruise. The sun is now gone for an hour during the night.
The ice is partly black ice, partly white ice. Anybody know the difference?

Schüss!

Ingen kommentarer: