mandag den 19. juli 2010

Me, Myself and Arne

So, arrived in Ilulissat 2 days ago. To begin with I wasn't supposed to go to Ilulissat until mid-August, but then everything turned crazy.

My boss in the hotel in Uummannaq was never an easy guy to work for. In fact, I have never (and I mean NEVER) met a worse boss and/or personality. No trust, no people skills, no boundaries, no nothing.
I consider myself a fairly tolerant and patient person, but still I got stomach aches every time he walked in the door.

It's no secret that I was doing a lot of (hotel)work which wasn't what I had signed up for back in CPH. But slowly it was ok; I was focusing on the fantastic people and the amazing nature, trying to ignore the fact that Arne was there.

Then, out of the blue, I got a call from the Arctic Adventure Office in CPH. It was Hannah asking how I was doing.
I told her that everything was the same (I had send the office a mail about how I was doing in Uummannaq - not withholding anything). Hannah then asked if something had happened between Arne and I. Not really. Same same every day. He's a dick - I avoid him as much as possible.
Then she told me that Arne had called the office earlier that morning asking for a replacement. Apparently he was not satisfied with my work, but he had not given more specific details as to what I had done wrong. Still, Arne has not said anything to me about all of this. All of the information I've received is from co-workers in Arctic Adventure (AA) and in Hotel Uummannaq.

Arnes wish to get a replacement combined with my willingness to leave him triggered the office in CPH and the coordinator in Greenland, Kasper, into getting me out of there as fast as possible. Unfortunately I couldn't get on a helicopter before saturday, so I had to stand up with this crazy man for 4 days.

I didn't see much of him (he was avoiding me big time. Each time I stepped in a room, he hurried out), and he never gave me an explanation of why he didn't want me around.
I've been told by the office in CPH that he said that I wasn't working enough and the things I did, I didn't do well enough.. That I was disturbing the guests on the tours, overloading them with talk about myself and not about Greenland.. That I was telling the wrong things about Greenland..

Everytime I think about it, it just stuns me. I have a real hard time seeing where he's coming from.
But now I'm sitting in a house far far away from him. So fuck him.

By the way, nobody wanted to take my place (not even the other guide companies in the area). Maybe he will do the work I wasn't doing then?

Ingen kommentarer: